Since tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I thought it would be appropriate to take a moment to acknowledge all that I’m thankful for in this world. Of course I’m thankful for my family and friends and the health of my loved ones, but I’d like to give thanks to the little things in my life, the little things that make my life just a little bit better everyday. So a big THANK YOU to:
1. The Rolling Hills Starbucks for always getting my drink right.
2. Glee, for giving me a reason to watch TV on Tuesday nights.
3. Britney Spears, for coming back better than ever.
4. M&Ms, for being evil and amazing at the same time.
5. My car, for understanding me.
6. Meg Cabot, Suzanne Collins, Lauren Oliver, Lauren DeStefano, Carrie Ryan, Shannon Hale, and Cassandra Clare, for writing books that I LOVE.
7. J.K. Rowling, for being determined to get Harry Potter published even though hundreds of publishers turned you down.
8. Suri’s Burn Book, for making me laugh out loud every single time I read it.
9. Team Umi Zoomi, for making my daughter obsessed with counting and measuring things.
10. Apple, for creating the iPod ten years ago and letting me love music even more.
11. Peter Jackson, for creating three movies that changed my life.
12. Sweden, for being awesome.
13. Facebook, not for being a huge time-waster, but for keeping me connected to friends across the miles.
14. Christian Bale, for existing.
15. The iPhone app Flower Garden, for giving me the excuse to say, “I need to water my flowers.”
16. Nathan Fillion, for being Captain Mal, and for putting your hand on my shoulder.
17. Disney, for keeping fairy tales alive.
18. My daughter, for being just as much of a smart-ass as me.
19. Bacon, for your wonderful smell.
20. Angry Birds, for making me ANGRY.
21. Kelly Clarkson, for belting it out. Every. Single. Time.
22. IKEA, for furnishing my entire apartment.
23. Twitter, for turning me into a young adult lit author stalker.
24. Doctor Who, for Matt Smith and Karen Gillan.
25. Comic-Con, for the chance to be around 100,00 people just like me for five days.
26. The clouds, for making it rain every now and then.
27. Krista Huot, for creating some of the most beautiful paintings I’ve ever seen.
28. Target, for always having what I need…even when I don’t need it.
29. The Walking Dead, for making me hope that a zombie apocalypse will NEVER happen, no matter how entertaining it is to watch on TV.
30. Everyone who’s ever read this blog, because it’s nice to know someone is listening.